Retiring to Thailand
Thailand sightseeing Retirement Resort

Pattaya Retirement home
*** Advice to foreign retirees



See more pictures (here)


Advice to Foreign retirees

Social Security & Insurance

Just make sure that your social security or private insurance covers you for Thailand. You can also find reasonably priced medical insurance in Thailand and you are usually accepted by these private insurance companies without time limit whatever your age if you subscribe a life insurance at the same time.

Retirement visa

Ask your local Thai embassy or consulate for an initial non immigrant visa which can be transformed in Thailand into a retirement visa (one year renewable visa) if you are over 50. If you came to Thailand on a simple tourist visa, you would have to leave Thailand again and go to a Thai consulate to get this non-immigrant visa. Once you arrive in Thailand with your non immigrant visa, we know a Thai lawyer who will take care of everything.